Oct.-Jan. Writing Update/February Goals
Yes, I know, I've avoided updating y'all forever. But because I've had a lot of big things happen over the past few months, I figured I needed to give y'all a quick update. Anyway, here's a list!
1. In November, I wrote about 60-70% of my NaNo novel. This is just over 50k words. I'm pretty happy with the progress so far. I hope to finish this story up in April for Camp NaNo.
2. I completed draft three of The Dawn of a Hero a few weeks ago! I'm so excited about this!! It took me a year to write this draft. There was so much I needed to change. But now it's finished and I couldn't be happier. I still have a lot of work left in this book, but I'm really proud of where it's going.
3. I did a full read-through of both The Dawn of a Hero and The Fall of Chemmit. Actually, I tried to do a read-through of tFoC, but it quickly ended after two chapters with me screaming and pulling my hair out. I made lots of notes (most of the ones for tFoC were filled with me flinging insults at my younger self. It's hilarious) and I think I've got a pretty good idea of where I'm going with future drafts.
I'm going to, Lord willing, start draft four of tDoaH this month. If I finish by March, I'll send it off to Jules to alpha while I work on a full rewrite of tFoC. I'm geeking out, y'all. I just can't even. When I first penned these stories years ago, I never imagined I would get to this point. I have a long way to go, but I'm so proud of these little stories.
4. Jules and I started working on Ships, Secrets, and Survivors! This is soooooo much fun! I'm really excited about this story. Because we're using it as a side project, it'll probably take a while before it's finished. We'll try to keep you updated on our progress if we can.
5. I also started outlining part of my NaNo story for this year. Yes, I know I still have nine months before it starts. I don't care. I love this story. I can't wait to write it. I have a lot of details I need to add to it, but I'm happy with where it's going.
I don't have many, but I do have some.
1. I would like to finish draft four of tDoaH. I don't know if this will happen or not, but I would love to try. I don't think the amount of work in this draft will even come close to the amount I had to do for draft three, so I have a shot.
2. I want to completely re-outline and restructure tFoC. If I'm going to start the rewrite of this in March (Lord willing) I need to have this done. I *cough* was supposed to finish this in January, but I didn't.
3. Continue working on SSaS.
4. Help brainstorm questions for Jule's Writing Special. This is going to be awesome, guys! I can't wait for y'all to read our questions/answers!
Anyway, that's what I've got. It's not a big list, but it's a bunch of big things. Lord willing, this will be a productive year for writing!
What about y'all? What are your writing successes? I'd love to celebrate with you! What are some of your goals for this month?