Comments I Could Do Without


I'm stealing this idea from Jules. She had a hilarious post a few weeks ago, with annoying comments and her sarcastic responses. If you haven't read it, you totally should! It's definitely worth your time.

Anyway, I loved it so much, that I decided I would try and do one myself. I hope you enjoy!!

"I think you should ____"

*eyebrows raised* Go on. Finish that sentence. I'd love to hear what you think I should do. That's a direct route to no-town.

"When are you going to finish college?"

Don't know. Haven't known since I started. Kinda hard to do full-time college when you're caretaking, working on your career, and doing part time jobs on the side. It'll happen. But on my schedule, not yours, because I happen to be doing life quite splendidly.

My mom's hairdresser: "You still working on that book?"

Me: "You still doing the same client's hair? If you were really good, you would have only had to do it once, right?"

"What are you going to do once you graduate?"

I don't know. Do you know? In the grand scheme of things, do any of us know what we're doing? I think not.

"Oh, you want to be an author! Is that a real job?"

Anything can be a real job if you're willing to work for it. People make money barfing up hotdogs. The sky's the limit, folks. You just have to be willing to aim that high. 

"Oh, you were homeschooled! Did you spend your days in your pajamas?"

Yes. Yes I did. Then I moved into a work-from-home position and continued that blessed experience. Might be part of the reason I'm happier than you.

"Are you really going to eat all that food?"

Yes, and when I'm done, I'm going to eat yours as well. 

"You're a runner? I could never do that. If you see me running, you'd better be one step ahead of me because something is chasing me!"

Honey, this might be a wild prediction, but I'm going to bet I'll be way more than one step ahead of you.

"You're a weightlifter? Aren't you worried about getting too bulky?"

Does that scare you? Because the fact that you don't understand how hormones work scares me.

"How are you and your brother so close?"

We never settled for cutesy make ups where we sniffle and apologize and skip off into the sunset holding hands. We settled our differences in war, strengthened our alliance, then wrecked havoc on anyone who dared stand between us. Think Loki and Thor.

There you have it! Ten comments I could live without. I might come back and do another set at a later date. You'll have to let me know if that's something you're interested in. 

Are any of these comments something you run into? How would you respond? Are there any you would add to the list?

Comments

  1. Oh, love the food one! Maybe I should do something like this, too ;D

    keturahskorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great xD The food one is me all the way tho xDD I eat so much :P

    ~Ceci

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I eat a lot too. Every time I turn around, my stomach starts growling.

      Delete
  3. "You're a runner? I could never do that. If you see me running, you'd better be one step ahead of me because something is chasing me!"
    Honey, this might be a wild prediction, but I'm going to bet I'll be way more than one step ahead of you.

    THE BEST. LOVE IT!!!

    Great job! I'm glad you kinda stole my idea, lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was so funny, oh my word! >.<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed them! I had so much fun writing them!

      Delete
  5. I enjoyed this, I might have to do a similar post. XD

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great! Hilarious! I completely understand the ones in regards to graduation & what you gonna do after?? I was so sick of those meself. Grrrrr. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Thanks!! Yes, those are so annoying!!! Like, I don't know what I'm going to do with my life. I don't think anyone really knows.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts