4-Part WIP Special// Part One: Camp NaNo Goals


Welcome to week one of the 4-Part WIP Special!! The theme of this round is goals, with this week focused on Camp specific goals. Let's jump right in, shall we?

~What WIP(s) are you working on this Camp NaNo?~

I'm not exactly working on any one project for camp. I usually use the April Camp to finish my NaNoWriMo novel and get a head start on future projects. 

Seeing as I've already sort of finished Simon Says, I won't be working on it directly this month.

I'm planning to outline some additional scenes for it, outline my upcoming NaNoWriMo novel, research pitching/querying, and compile beta feedback for The Dawn of a Hero so I can dive right into edits next month. 

~What goal did you set for it, and why did you choose that goal?~

I'm hoping to work for one hour on weekdays for a total of 22 hours. I figure that I could handle that, regardless of what my school schedule looks like. It felt pretty flexible and realistic. I managed 40 hours last July, even with travel, so I think I can handle about half that. 

~Can you give us a short synopsis of the WIP?~

LOL! 

~How long have you been working on this WIP?~

It varies. Some are brand new, some I recently started, and others I've worked on for years. 

~Where did the idea come from?~

Uh, I don't know. As I said above, I'm working on a bunch of things. 

~Do you think you’ll be able to meet your goal?  Why or why not?~

I think so. It all depends on how much time school takes, but I'm pretty sure I can reach it. 

~Did you make any goals for March (Camp Prep)? Were you able to fulfill those?~

My main goals was to write and schedule these posts so I wouldn't have to worry about writing new blog posts during Camp. And, thanks to this lovely Special, I was able to fulfill those. 

~Are there any aesthetics/music you’d like to share? Any goals regarded to these artistic endeavors?~

Nope and nope. 

~Share a snippet from your WIP~

What is with all of these project specific questions? 

~What's a Bible verse that sums up the theme in your WIP? Or else helps you focus as you tackle what projects you've made for your goal?~

Hmmmm. That's kind of tough, but I think it's this one.

"Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain."
I Corinthians 15:58

Writing isn't just something I do. It's my calling. It is my desire to reach others. To encourage them. To walk beside them in every stage of life. And writing enables me to do that. 

Sometimes I wonder if my words will ever impact others. I have to remember that not a single word I write is in vain if it is the work of the Lord. 

So there you have it, the first week of the WIP Special, Camp style! I hope you enjoyed it. 

Make sure to check out the rest of the participants. 


Onto y'all! What's a Bible verse that drives you to keep working, even when it's hard? Are you doing Camp? What project(s) are you working on? Answer down below!

Comments

  1. Hehe, welcome to the Not Working on One Specific Project Club! *high five*

    Also, I love your answer to the last question. It’s something I needed to be reminded of as Camp starts. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *double high-fives back* I know! It's kind of hard to answer those specific questions, but hey! We deal.

      Thanks! I have to be constantly reminded that my work means something. I forget it a lot of times.

      Delete
  2. haha, your Camp project sounds an awful lot like mine was last July!!

    And to that last answer - a huge AMEN SISTER.

    Wonderful post, Sarah!!

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Yeah, I've got a lot of things to work on, but it should be coming along soon now that I'm over the worst of my lovely illness.

      YES!

      Thank you!

      Delete
  3. This post is great! Especially that verse--such a good and important reminder <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad it was a good reminder for you.

      Delete
  4. I can't wait to see how TDoaH reads after you go through the Beta notes and make corrections and ITS GONNA BE EPIIIIIIICCCC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited!! I have so many different ideas that I might give a try, so we'll see how it goes. It's going to be interesting, to say the least!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts