Winter Wrap-Up/Spring Goals



I honestly can't believe it's time for another wrap-up! I feel like time just blew by and I'm still spinning.

But I still did a ton of stuff during the past few months, which was really exciting! Let's get into it, shall we?

~Writing~

1. I started my rewrite of The Rise of the Prisoner. My plan is to write 500 words/weekday until it's done. It's been going quite well and I've really enjoyed updating this story to mirror the plot changes I've made to the series. (I read through the first draft and I just want to barf). It'll be excited to see how it turns out!

2. I've compiled notes for my edits of The Fall of Chemmit. I'm really excited about this. I had to do a lot of work on the politics and get all of those details figured out, plus a bunch of stuff for some of the characters (also, Jules, when are you going to read the second draft? I'm still awaiting the angry texts)

3. I've proceeded through two of my secret projects, making quite a lot of progress. It physically pains me to not blab about it here, but alas, I shall remain silent for now. 

~Life~

January:

January was a weird month for me. It went by too fast, had way too much drama for this girl, but yet was amazing?

My family did our annual First Day Hike.

I met up with Jules not once, but twice, which was awesome. 

And Joe and I signed up last minute for a 5k and somehow won 1st place in our age groups? So, cool?

Joe: too cool for the world
Ruth: effervescent
Me: MURDER



I felt dead at this point, but at least I felt cute enough to use this angle


Thai food and friends!

Run selfie skills on point!

Don't trust those smiling post-run selfies.
This is how runners truly feel.


Cracker Barrel twice in one day!

Ice skating!


He's an idiot

We may or may not have gotten in trouble for this picture
Oh well. They should have put up a sign or something.

February:

We started the month off strong with a monsoonal downpour, along with tornado warnings (and actual tornadoes in many locations near us), and massive flooding. I was home alone and found myself seeking shelter in a tiny bathroom with three animals that barely get along. Fun times!!

Chester (left) absolutely hates storms, thus cowered the whole time.
I'm surprised he didn't pee all over my feet.
Dustfinger alternated between being scared, confused, and pissed off
D'Jetta was the only one remotely happy
I just prayed that we would get out alive.
Baseball field that got flooded. 
Most of the month was taken up with getting my dad and Joe ready for their mission trip to Belize. It was weird not going this time (you can read about our previous trip here) but I'm kind of glad I didn't, as I was able to get other things done without the stress of traveling.

Also, mom, my sister, and I were able to do our rewatch of LotR while my dad was gone. He doesn't like it because it's "animated" (meaning, it has CGI. Though, for some reason, he likes Marvel movies?!). Also, he hates fantasy. So anyway, we snag any opportunity to watch them while he's gone.

But while they were gone, Jules and Evangeline came by for our monthly get-together! We made a goal of trying to get together at least once a month for inexpensive "trips". Ice skating in January, hike/ride in February. Loads of other things in the works!

Evan and I hiked while Jules rode. We went almost 8 miles, including an icy river crossing at the end, which was amazing!!

Late night writing. Okay, fine, it was 8pm. It's late for me.

Sunrise the next morning!

Pepper is possibly one of the chillest horses in the world.

Much chill





~#Textchats~

Not a text, but still absolutely hilarious



Not many texts this time, but there's always hope for next time!!

~Spring Goals~

1. Start delving into edits for The Fall of Chemmit. I'm not sure how far I'll get, but it would be really nice to finish these by the end of the spring. Maybe it'll be possible?

2. Continue with my rewrite of The Rise of the Prisoner. As long as I don't have a complete emotional breakdown with how the plot's going (because it be sad), I should make some good progress with my 500 words/weekday. 

3. Continue with my secret projects. Nuff said. 

Anywho, that's what's up with me!! Also, I'm planning on doing my mini book reviews in a separate post next week, so you can look for that. 

Onto y'all! What have you been up to? Anything exciting?

Comments

  1. You did a lot! Wow, love all the pictures!
    Best of luck with all the projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHHHHHHHHHH ITS BEEN A WILD YEAR SO FAR AND ITS ONLY GONNA GET CRAZIERRRRRRR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!!!! I can't wait to see what else is in store!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts