#TagTuesday: Liebster Award 2019


Welcome back to another week of #tagtuesday! I'm so glad you could join me!

A little while ago, Danielle over at Silver Pheonix tagged me to do the LIebster award. As it's been a little while since I last did this one, I was very excited to be tagged!

Rules:

1. Thank the blogger who tagged you. Thanks so much, Snapper!!

2. Answer the questions they gave you.

3. Give 11 facts about you.

4. Tag 11 bloggers (LOL, not gonna happen) and give them 11 questions to answer.

~Have you ever written on top of a mountain? If not, what's the highest place you've written?~

Yes, I have. Jules, Evangeline, and I went on a little vacation in the mountains, where we spent time writing while a thunderstorm boomed outside. It was glorious. 

~If you had to make a choice to give up the Summer forever or Winter forever, which would you leave far behind?~

Summer, hands down. Hot, sticky business, that is. We hates it! Would rather not deal with it anymore. Give me fall in all its glory, winter with its aesthetic snow, spring minus the allergies, and no summer. I'll be good. 

~See, now I'm curious. Which is your favorite gif?~

From Giphy
I'm not sure if this is my favorite, but I never fail to laugh if it shows up in someone's post.

~If the villain of your current WIP knocked on your door, what would they want to talk about the most with you?~

Either plants or the best way to rule the world. Depends on his mood.

~If you had to give up Pinterest or Goodreads, which would it be?~

Goodreads, without a doubt. I can easily keep track of the few books I read in a year and shove them in your face here. Also, y'all fangirl enough about books around the blogosphere so I don't exactly have to get on GR to learn about what's good and not good in the world.

Pinterest, on the other hand, is a huge source of inspiration and aid for my writing soul.

~What's the one source that's been the most help to your growth as a writer?~

Go Teen Writers, with Pinterest as a close second. 

~Which book in the Bible is your favorite?~

Psalms. Definitely. There's something there for everyone, no matter where you are in life. 

~How much wood did a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood? (this one's open for interpretation)~

A wood chuck would chuck a lot of wood, but a wood chuck couldn't chuck Chuck Norris.

To think that that kind of joke might become obsolete in a few years... 

~If your house was built out of books, would it be a very big house or would you have to shrink to accommodate it?~

I'm assuming you're saying this alleged house is built out of the books I currently own. If that's the case, then I would definitely have to shrink to fit.

Unless we were including all the books my family owns, in which case, I'd live quite comfortably. We have to have a large house to hold all our books, if that gives you any indication. 

~What's your favorite group activity/game to play?~

This crazy rare game called "having an adult conversation like the grown-ups we are". I am constantly shocked at how many people have never heard of this exciting game. It's fun. People should try it more often. It's a great icebreaker game. 

~What do you do to survive the ravages of winter?~

First of all, I live in NC. We have the most ridiculous winters known to mankind (I think). This year we have alternated between having temps in the 20s and the 60s, with pretty much nothing in between. Also, far too much rain.

Now me, I'd rather have temps in the 20-40s with sun. That's my cup of tea in the winter. 

And as far as how I would survive that, my answer is simple. I wear lots of cozy sweaters and load up on coffee and tea.

Also, oatmeal is great for keeping the body warm.

And make yourself a few of those no-sew fleece blankets. Seriously. They're excellent at keeping one warm.

Also, I workout and that heats me up pretty good.

~11 Facts about me!~

1. I enjoy Kombucha. The GT kind. The flavors I like are Gingeraid, Gingerberry, Trilogy, or Strawberry Serenity. All of those are amazing, though the strawberry is my favorite. 

2. I am a former morning hater, who has turned into a morning-ish person.  Seriously, I hated mornings. But now I've found I really enjoy getting up early and making my mornings productive. And I really hate staying up late. Like, a lot. 

3. I love sleep. Don't mess with my sleep. Seriously. Don't go there.  

4. I recently learned that I'm a 'natural' with children. At least, that's what people tell me. I guess I kind of knew it, but I never really thought I had any experience with kids. But I've never worked with one that I didn't do well with, even the most difficult ones. 

5. I prefer mountains over beaches any day. Like, give me trees, and birds, and creaking rocking chairs over sand and heat and bathing suits any day.

6. During one semester of youth symphony, I managed to jump from sixth chair to second. Moral of this story: show up early. 

7. I was supposed to be tall. I shot up during my growing phase. So much so, that people thought I was going to be really tall. I was a good head taller than most of the people my age at the time. But then somehow I maxed out at 5'4". We're all very confused as to how that worked. 

8. I speak fluent Psych-ese. And am conversational in Monk, Leverage, LotR, and Marvel. Also, I used to be able to quote the entire Incredibles movie by memory.

9. I love pasta. So much. 

10. I love making plans. And I love carrying them out. I love making things happen. 

11. I am the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd born in my family, depending on how you look at it. It's weird, but it's true.

~The re-tag~

The first three people who comment and haven't been tagged in the last two months. 

And for your questions!

1. Water to drink or anything but water?

2. Horses? Yay or neigh?

3. Favorite method to get a first draft written?

4. What's one character's costume that you wish you owned?

5. Who is the one person you receive second-hand embarrassment from the most?

6. Favorite card game?

7. Annoying song that gets stuck in your head if you think about it?

8. Favorite color combination?

9. Movie you can quote the most from? Show?

10. The oddest thing you've done for organization?

11. What is the most unbelievable thing that has ever happened to you?

Anyway, that's all for today. Thank you so much for tuning in to another week of #tagtuesday! I hope you enjoyed yourselves.

Onto y'all! What's the state of your book house? Is it livable, or do you have to shrink? How much wood do you think Chuck Norris could chuck? Winter or summer?

Comments

  1. That mountain trip was EPIC!!! Guess we won't be doing one this year, what with the RM trip and all, but maybe next year (or maybe just a less-expensive camping trip).

    I remember when you were like, waaaaay taller than me. And now we're about the same height. My drivers license says I'm 5'6'' though... I did wear my hokas to the DMV that day, though, so that might explain it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so much fun, but I think we'll not suffer by not going this year because REALM MAKERS!!!!

      Dude, I /towered/ over everyone. It was ridiculous.

      Yeah, I don't think you're 5'6". I'm taller than you by a hair and I'm 5'4".

      Delete
  2. I have been tagged TWICE in the past two months (*cough*twoweeks*cough*), so I'm immediately disqualified. XD
    I had fun reading your answers! Even if I do STRONGLY disagree that winter is better than summer... I /despise/ cold to no end and I am so. ready. for it to be warm again. XP Plus summer has church camp and winter doesn't, which also adds massive points to summer. The one week in July that I have church camp is literally my favorite part of the year. No contest whatsoever. XD
    My book house is basically the same as yours... the books I personally own wouldn't even be big enough to fit me crouching down as small as I could (and I'm only 5'2" and extremely petite), but if you combined all my family's books then there'd at least be a good-sized room.
    Psych is probably my #1 favorite TV show of all time. There are a couple of episodes that were... weird, to say the least. ;P But for the most part it was FABULOUS. Did you see that there's a second movie coming out? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, that definitely disqualifies you!

      Yeah, I get your point, but I hate sweating and I don't have church camp (because I'm super old). The few retreats that I do with my church are either in the fall or winter.

      I DID HEAR ABOUT THE SECOND MOVIE!!!! I'm so excited. I wish they would do a Psych/Monk crossover at some point, though. And yeah, there are definitely some weird episodes that we skip past.

      Delete
  3. I speak Psych-ese as well! XD
    I really want to try Kombucha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have to get together and weird people out, then! It's a must.

      It's really good if you get a good flavor. Not so good if you get a nasty one. My brother tried the watermelon one and said it wasn't good. Neither one of us like the cranberry one. If you do get it, I suggest you check Aldi if you have one. Mine sells a few flavors and they're quite a bit cheaper than any of the other stores around me. When the going price is almost $4 a bottle, getting them for less is awesome!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts