4-Part WIP Special// Part Three: Yearly Goals



It's time for week three, everyone!! If you've missed the last two posts, you can check them out here and here.

This week we're looking at our goals for this year and how we plan to accomplish them. As many of y'all know, I love goals and planning and stuff, so this is right up my alley!

Let's dig in!

~Name your yearly (writing) goals!~

I'm just going to direct you back to my post about my goals for 2019. Otherwise we'll be here a while, and why should we be redundant?

~Which goal are you most looking forward to starting/completing? Why?~

I'm most looking forward to pitching The Dawn of a Hero. I've come so far with this story over the past eight years. I can't wait to see where we'll go next. 

~Is there any goal that you aren’t that enthusiastic about completing? Why?~

I don't know if there's any that I'm not enthusiastic about completing. I mean, if I'm not invested in my goals, then why are they on my list?

~Did you maybe set too many goals for this year? ;)~

Maybe, but you didn't hear it from me. LOL, Jk. While I don't think I'll reach all of my goals this year, I'm going to strive to at least get close.

~How do you keep on track/accountable with your goals?~

I wrote a post about this too, so I'll just link it here.

I also journal a lot. There I am constantly thinking about the steps I'm taking towards my goals. It helps me keep focused and on track.

I also have my goals in my bullet journal and I try to read through them often so I know that my monthly goals will help me at least get close to them. 

~Have you told your family about any of your goals? What do they think about your goals?~

Sort of. Like, most of them get the jist of it, but not much else. Mostly, they don't understand it.

My mom is pretty supportive. As supportive as she can be. She doesn't get it at all, but she knows it's my calling and encourages me by prioritizing my writing endeavors. She pressed for me to be able to go to Realm Makers, knowing it was a big step for my writing career. 

My dad isn't really supportive of me being an author. I mean, he's not antagonistic, but he's kind of opposed to fiction as a whole, so the fact that I want to be an author falls of deaf ears. He was rather excited that I was going to Realm Makers, but I think that's about as far as it'll go. At least for now. 

My brothers, however, are my biggest supporters. Joe gets excited when I reach my next milestone. He knows it's what I love to do. He'll also ask my advice for his own stories. Jacob often surprises me by sending me various writing jokes, or suggestions, or things like that. We don't talk nearly enough, but whenever we do, he does his best to bring up my writing in some fashion. He's probably the one person who's most proud of me, even with my stories being sight unseen. Both are also hobby writers to some extent, so they'll often chat about different techniques that they've used and what my thoughts are on them. 

~Are you planning to do NaNoWriMo in November?  If so, do you know what you will be writing?~

I will be participating, Lord willing and I do know what I'll be working on. I'm outlining it during this Camp and I'm really excited about it!

~Are you nervous about any of your goals?  Are some out of your comfort zone?~

Not really. I mean, I'm nervous about the idea of pitching/querying my novel, but that's more out of excitement than anything. But it's definitely out of my comfort zone. 

Other than that, I'm just really excited about my goals. 

How are you doing on your goals so far?

Pretty good, so far. I've worked pretty hard to stay on track, so that's pretty cool!

There you have it for this week! I hope that gave you some insight to what I hope to do this year.

As always, make sure you check out the rest of the participants!

Jules
Nicole
Faith
Ariel
Catherine
Ceci

Onto y'all! What is the biggest goal you've made for this year? How are you keeping on track? What's one thing you're nervous about? Let me know in the comments!

Comments

  1. Your brothers sound awesome! I never really share much with anyone in my family; they don't really understand all that much either, I think :/

    And you're totally going to rock your pitches! You can do it ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really great! I basically hit the brother jackpot, not gonna lie.

      Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Good luck with all your goals, especially pitches! YOU GOT THIS!

    (Ooo, and you have a bullet journal? XD You KNEW I was going to bring that up.... ;) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm both nervous and excited!

      Yes, I do. I'm working on perfecting it. I'll probably do a tour of it next year, once I'm confident I'm happy with how things are laid out.

      Delete
  3. Best of luck pitching, it sounds terrifying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a bit terrified, but also pretty excited!! I hope it goes well and I don't choke.

      Delete
  4. "If I'm not invested in my goals, why are they on my list?" That's brilliant, right there.

    Then again, I do tend to stick a goal or two on my list as more of a personal reminder to check things out and attempt doing them...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, even goals that you're curious to try out is something you can be invested in. It's more like, if I'm not actually interested in this stuff at all, why would I bother making a goal about it?

      Delete
  5. That's so exciting that you're going to Realm Makers!! Maybe one day I'll make it too. :) I'll be cheering you on as you pitch; you've got this! <3 (Also, you've been working on a story for eight years?? You're so commited and amazing)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited that I'm going! I've been praying about it for over a year. I would love to see you there sometime!!

      Thanks! I hope the pitches go well. IvI' never done anything like it before.

      I'd define it more as stubborn, but those sound so much nicer so let's go with them!

      Delete
  6. I feel you with the family - a lot don't understand but the ones that do are the best :)

    You'll do great with your pitches girl :) I have great confidence in you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the ones who get it are so awesome and supportive!

      Thanks! I hope they go well!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts