Celebrating My Hello//Announcing My Goodbye

Four years ago tomorrow, my very first blog post on Pen of a Ready Writer went live. I had no idea what I was getting into and where this crazy blogging journey would take me.

I've made great friendships and gotten to know so many of you lovely people. 

But now it's time for me to say goodbye to this little corner of the internet and announce that I'm moving to something new. 

For a while, I've struggled with this blog. I've felt stuck with what to write. I've also grown a lot as an author over the years and this blog just hasn't grown with me. After months of debating over what to do and praying about what the right decision was, I decided it was time to make the leap and have my own website and newsletter.

Having my own website will allow me to do the things that I couldn't do here without hours of headache (hello, drop-down menus!). It will also allow me to expand and grow as needed. I won't have to stress about having to put out as much content, giving me more time to dedicate to growing my Instagram and YouTube platform.

Additionally, having a newsletter is highly recommended in the author realm as a means of keeping up with readers and is something that I would enjoy, as it closely resembles my favorite posts to write: the wrap-ups! There I can update y'all on what's going on in my life, as well as talk about what's happening on my writing desk and what I'm reading lately. This is the part I'm most excited about!

So yes, this will be the last post on Pen of a Ready Writer. I'm so thankful to each and every one of you for your consistent support over the years and I hope that you'll come along on this next phase in my author journey. 

You can now find me on Sarahrodecker.com! Things are still in the works there, so stuff might change around until I'm happy with it, but it's live and you can check it out! While you're there, be sure to sign up for my newsletter where I'll (Lord willing) send out monthly updates!

Again, thank you all for sticking with me! I love you all and I can't wait to move into whatever the future holds with you!

Comments

  1. *sniff sniff* I'm going to miss this blog! Though I will absolutely be on your website and subscribe to your new newsletter. I'll probably move in the same direction in a couple of years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, four years blogging? Congratulations!

    And while I'm a little sad that you won't be blogging anymore, I'm super excited for the direction you're taking!! I love how your author website looks, and your newsletter sounds like fun! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me: *stops blogging*
    Also me: *another blogger stops* BUT WHY?! NO!!!

    Can't wait to see your website! (Going there now!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad your not actually leaving. Will miss your posts. *runs off to website*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts