The Writer's Book Tag


I was tagged for this by Catherine @The Rebellious Muse via Mary Kate's post (They did a shared post and tagged a bunch of people). This is a fun tag with an interesting twist. Here are the rules:

1. Shout out to the blogger who tagged you.
2. Tag three people.
3. Use the graphic (see above).

Thanks so much for the tag, Catherine! It always warms my heart to see my name on tags. I'm constantly amazed at the wonderful community we have here and how I'm blessed to be a part of it. It's just so awesome!

And now... onto the questions!

~First Draft: A Book or Series You've NEVER Read Before~

The Lunar Chronicles. I've heard only great things about it, but I've never read them. I might have to do that sometime. 

~Second Draft: A Book or Series You Didn't Like as Much the Second Time You Read It~

Hmmm. I don't think I've ever disliked a book the second time around. Maybe the Inkheart Trilogy because of Elinor's language. While it's not too often, it's just not necessary and I wish it wasn't in there. 

~Final Draft: A Book or Series You've Liked for a Really Long Time~

The Kingdom Series!!! Those books are awesome and worth your time. The follow-up series, Knights of Arrethtrae, is also amazing.

~Killing Off Your Characters: A Book or Series that Made You Cry~

I actually don't cry all that much... especially not over books. I think the closest I came to crying was when I got to a certain part of Me, Just Different by Stephanie Morrill and it hit me how much the line represented what I was going through at the time. Yep. That's about the closest I ever got. 

~Plot Holes: A Book or Series that Disappointed You~

I think I've said this before, but the Kane Chronicles really disappointed me. I'd just finished Percy Jackson and was hoping for something akin to that, but it was sooooooooo boring. I couldn't get past the first ten chapters.

~Writer's Block: A Book or Series You Haven't Finished~

I haven't finished the Books of Bayern series yet. They're somewhere on my TBR, but I don't know when I'll get around to reading them.

~Feedback: A Book or Series That You Would Recommend to Anyone~

Um, let's see... I don't think I can answer this one because different people have different tastes and requirements for their reading material. What I might recommend for most people might not be okay with others. I try to be respectful and learn what others want to see out of books before I make a recommendation.

But, if I have to choose one or two, I would go with The Dragon Keeper Chronicles or Redwall. Both are written with a younger audience in mind, but they are awesome and hilarious and just great! They're good for the general public, as they're clean and just about anyone can read/appreciate them. I've only read a few of the Redwall books, but I love what I've read so far. And The Dragon Keeper Chronicles books are rekindling my love of reading.

~The Re-Tag~

For this one, I tag:

Ivie @Ivie Writes
Lila @The Red-Hooded Writer
Julian @Saver of Memories

Onto y'all! What books are your go-to recommendation? What books are on your TBR? Have books ever made you cry?

Comments

  1. Thanks so much for tagging me! Like you, I find it so heartwarming to see my name on a tag because this community of writers is just so AMAZING!!

    I look forward to doing this one. I have a lot of tags lined up. I may have to do a combo post. XD

    ~Ivie| Ivie Writes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely!

      Take your time! I can't wait to see your answers!

      Delete
  2. Ah, Inkheart....yeah, those were really good at first, but then I started getting tired of Elinor's language...Farid....Fenoglio and his pride....Orpheus....Meggie, even...

    Really, I only like a few of the characters now.

    I think I like the Knights of Arrethtrae better than the Kingdom Series? Maybe because I'm not reading them going, "Ah, this is the part in the Bible when..." With the KoA, I'm just reading a fun story with Biblical truths in it. And epic characters. :D

    Thanks for the tag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I disliked Farid from the get-go, so that wasn't something I noticed the second time around. What a jerk. Bah! I think I liked Inkheart more for the plot/concept rather than the characters (though I do love Elinor. Despite her language, I relate to her a lot).

      Yes, I did really enjoy KoA. I especially liked Dalton and Carliss. #squee

      Delete
  3. I love reading these tags, they're so much fun!
    I agree about the Inkheart book. :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!!! You did the tag!!!

    I had a tough time finding a good answer for the "second draft" question too...of course, if I had waited about a week I would have had a perfect answer (The Prairie Brides series by Kit Morgan. I had enjoyed them the first time, but the second time, I realized that there was a lot of cringy lust stuff that my teenage self didn't see. *cringe*)

    Awesome answers, Sarah!!!

    Catherine
    catherinesrebellingmuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Thanks for tagging me!

      Oh ew! That's annoying. Though it is interesting how we kinda skim past things when we're younger that our older selves are like "Really? How did I miss this?!"

      I'm glad you enjoyed it!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for tagging me! This is the third time, I think, so I'd better get to it soon... xD

    Great answers, Sarah! You MUST read Lunar Chronicles!!!

    Lila @ The Red-Hooded Writer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem!! I can't wait to see how you answer them!

      Yes, I know I need to read them soon. I just need to find a way to get my hands on them.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts