The Movie Book Tag


Catherine @The Rebelling Muse tagged me for this awesome post created by Micaiah @Notebooks and Novels! I'm really excited about it because it has a different direction than most tags do. It compares movies and books. Kinda fun.

~Rules~

1. Thank the person who tagged you and link back to the original creator. 
2. Answer the eight questions.
3. Tag at least two people.

Anyway, let's get down to the questions.

~Books or Movies, which are better~

Typically books are better, but I like movies because I can visualize different elements. I like to see things. Besides, costumes are awesomeness! I don't know where I'd be as a writer if I didn't have the costumes from movies to inspire me. So I guess neither are better. 

~What book needs to be made into a movie RIGHT NOW~

Hmmm. I think maybe The Kingdom Series by Chuck Black. They started talking about making movies years ago and they still haven't made much progress (if any) on them. I think they would be awesome as movies!

I also feel like it's about time we had a movie adaption of The Horse and His Boy. Anyone else feel the same way?

~What movie adaptation of a book disappointed you the most~

My biggest problem with bad adaptations is that the casting is usually fantastic, but they do a terrible job keeping to the book. Eragon. Inkheart (I mean, who is better able to play Elinor than Helen Mirren? Seriously). Series of Unfortunate Events. Percy Jackson. The last two Hobbit movies. 

~What movie adaptation of a book made you throw confetti and walk away extremely happy~

Lord of the Rings, I guess. I felt like they kept the proper feeling of the book in the movie. I also enjoyed the first Hobbit movie. 

~What movie adaption of a book have you seen, but never read the book it's based on~

Maze Runner. I've never read the books. I kind of watched it with my younger brother on impulse. I think it was the only movie he has ever been thoroughly freaked out over. I mean, almost wet his pants freaked out. It definitely kept us on the edge of our seats.

Also Ender's Game. Not sure if I enjoyed it or not. I don't remember it too well.

~What book have you read, but never seen the movie adaption of~

Anne of Green Gables. I've never watched the movie. I don't think I plan to. 

~If your WIP was turned into a movie, who would play the main character(s)~

I have a list of actors for several of the supporting characters, but I haven't pinned down someone for Laylah. I'll just go with some of the SCs. 

James- Stephen Amell. Whole lotta yeah. 
Farlina- Cate Blanchett. I need this in my life.
Arden- Jeremy Irons. Arden and Brom are very similar, so I think he would do well as this character.
Justin- Colin Donnell. I also need this in my life. 

And, of course, I can't forget the character I wrote entirely with an actor in mind. 

Jason- Steve Valentine

~When the credits roll after the movie adaption of the WIP you discussed above, what song will be playing~

Most of my followers know the answer, but for those who are new to the area, I'll tell you again. My end credits song will be What's the Point written by yours truly, set to music by Jules, and performed by Rose Djan. It was written specifically for that book in mind. I felt like it captured the heart of the story very well. 

~The Re-Tag~

D.G. Snapper @Silver Phoenix

There you have it! Those are my answers! 

Books or movies? Which do y'all think are better? What actors do you hope to see portray your characters if your WIP is ever a movie? 

Comments

  1. Ahhh, thanks for the tag! I was hoping I’d get to do this one <3 Cool choices all. I agree with you on the hobbit movies—the first one had so much potential but then they destroyed it. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then I'm glad I tagged you!

      YES! The first one was great, then the last two crashed downhill.

      Delete
  2. Yay! Thanks for the tag! :D

    Movies, or books? I'm not sure. I'll have to think about that when I do this tag... But I'm seriously behind on tags. Lol. ;) Can't wait to do this one... *starts piling up actors and actresses*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem!

      IKR! I wasn't sure which one was better, so I went with both.

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad you loved What's the Point!!!! I smile whenever I hear you mention it. :)

    But a Kingdom Series....um, series....movie/tv whatever....would be EPIC!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't they, though?! They would be sooo awesome! I really hope they make them at some point.

      Delete
  4. This is such a creative tag! I'd say books are definitely better, but some movies just capture the story perfectly. I liked the Hunger Games movies way better than the books, but I think the Hobbit should have stayed as just a book ;)

    audrey caylin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It should have stayed a book! They didn't do a good job on the movies (except for the first one!). I haven't watched the Hunger Games movies, but they sound good.

      Delete
  5. ahhhh! You did the tag!!

    @Q1 - so true...I'm a highly visual person so a film will cement different details than a book will...which is one of the reasons why I absolutely hate unfaithful adaptions of books.

    @Q2 - YES YES AND WITH THE ORIGINAL CAST OF THE NARNIA MOVIES

    @Q6 - The first 2 Sullivan adaptions of the Anne books were pretty good, but don't bother with the third one...*shudders*

    Awesome tag, Sarah!!

    Catherine
    catherinesrebellingmuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. YESS, to The Horse and His Boy! XD

    Fun tag-I enjoyed reading your answers. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's about time we get our movie adaptation! IvI' been waiting for it almost my entire life!!

      I'm glad you enjoyed them!

      Delete
  7. Oh, I'm so happy to see you do this tag! =) I love your answers! I totally agree with you on the Horse and His Boy. And you wrote a song? That's so cool! Also... Books. Books all the time. I love movies, but they don't smell as good. xD

    Micaiah @ Notebooks and Novels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was super cool that you made it!! I had fun answering the questions!

      Yes, I sometimes write songs for my stories so I can get into the 'feel' of it.

      That's true, they don't smell nearly as good, but I do like being able to see things play out in front of my. So I firmly believe it's a tie between the two.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts