Lilah's Musical Challenge


The one and only Mary Kate created this tag as a joke a while back and I just had to take it on. I mean, a tag with tons of questions just about music? How is this not a win?

I hope you enjoy hearing all about my musical tastes (they're weird at best)!

1. One song on the radio that annoys you?

I don't actually listen to the radio much at all. Radio stations in and of themselves annoy me. I usually throw my music on shuffle and enjoy.

Wow, I'm already off to a great start on this tag!

2. One song that you love and sing along to every time it comes on the radio



Bleed the Same by Mandisa. Just a fantastic song that everyone should listen to. #happysigh

3. Favorite and least favorite genre of music?

My favorite genres are anything other than my least favorites.

I don't really like jazz, blues, polka, and bluegrass. Sometimes I might hear a nice surprise in those genres that I'll like, but that's rare.

Just about anything else goes.

4. Last song you listened to?

I'm constantly listening to stuff, so I'm just going to put this one in. The battle score from The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. Such an awesome soundtrack! I love using for a writing playlist.


5. A Song you've been listening to a lot?

Um, I've been listening to Transformed and Something in Your Eyes by Shonlock.

6. Favorite music video?

I'm not overly fond of music videos (I find them distracting), but I do like the Piano Guys Rockabel Canon. Or anything Piano Guys, really.


7. Are you listening to music right now?

I'm breathing, right? Even if I don't listen to music, I have a song going through my head. 

8. Favorite romantic song?

Cheeseburger Song from Veggietales (you know it counts)

9. Last song you cried during?

Either Start Over by Flame (ft. NF)



 or How Could You Leave Us by NF. I couldn't find the right video thing, so you'll just have to look it up if you want to listen to it. 

10. Last song that made you laugh?

I don't usually laugh because of songs, but I'll laugh at the parodies that my brother and I make of them.

11. A song you like in a different language?

Baba Yetu (I especially love Alex Boye's version)


The multi-language music video of Let It Go (the German one is also excellent)


I suppose that We Are Free counts


Peponi by The Piano Guys



12. Favorite summer song?

Uh... I didn't know music was season specific. I mean, I listen to Christmas songs in the middle of summer (mostly because it's hot and I'm angry and want it to be winter again). 

Maybe In Summer from the Frozen soundtrack?



13.  Road trip song?

Green Lights by NF. I have a fantasy that all the lights will turn green if I listen to this song. Unfortunately, that's not the case. I don't recommend driving under such a delusion.

And again, I couldn't find the video thingy for this.

14. Put yourself to sleep song?

This is going to sound weird, but it's Dreams by NF. If I have a hard time getting to sleep, I throw this on repeat. It's awesome.



15. While-you-read song?

I like to throw on my Spotify playlist while I read, usually. Anything instrumental will do nicely, but I especially love soundtracks.

16. While-you-study song?

It depends on what level of energy I'm working with. If I feel pretty good, I just listen to the Howard Shore or Harry Gregson-Williams playlists on Spotify. They help me focus when I'm working. If I'm really tired, I'll throw on either my rap playlist or Skillet to wake me up. Sometimes I'll throw in some Mandisa for a peppy wake-me-up.

17.  Last song on your playlist?

Which playlist? I have a lot of playlists.

18. Song that makes you want to dance?

Famous by Skillet. A while back I was working out and was going to do a pushup-until-you-die thing (which for me is, like, one pushup. Okay, not really, but still...), but this song came on and I was like "You know what? I'm just going to do a dance off and call it good." So I did. And it was awesome.



19. POWER SONG?

I have a lot. 

Legends Never Die


Lions by Skillet


Not Gonna Die (also by Skillet)


Turn the Music Up by NF


Born for This by Mandisa




20. Instrumental song?

Ugh. Yet another list, or else we'll be here for another forever. And no videos because I don't have the time to go find good versions for most of these. 

1. Czardas by Monti
2. Uncharted by The Piano Guys
3. Concerto in B Minor for 4 Violins by Vivaldi 
4. Amazing Grace/Fight Song by The Piano Guys #thisgivesmechills
5. Danse Macabre by Saint-Saens

21. A song with a color in it.... and do you love it or hate it?

A color in the title or a color in the lyrics? 'Cause Radioactive has a color in the lyrics and I like it pretty well.

22. A song that means a lot to you right now?

Actually, this is one of the weird times where I don't have a list of songs that are speaking to me. Maybe I Can Only Imagine by MercyMe? That song always means a lot to me.

23. Favorite Disney Song?

I actually don't watch Disney all that much. So nothing here.

24. Favorite Disney Love Song?

Ditto to the answer above.

25. Disney song you hate/dislike?   

Duu... does Shiny count? BLEH!

26. Favorite Disney soundtrack as a whole? 

Frozen and Brave, probably. 

27. Take your favorite season and make a playlist for it... it has to be at least 5 songs long 

Make a playlist for fall?

1. Holding On by The Piano Guys
2. I See Fire by Ed Sheeran
3. Now We Are Free by Lisa Gerrard
4. Stars by Skillet
5. Moonlight by The Piano Guys

28. You've heard of comfort food....what are your comfort songs?

Oh, there are so many! Time for another list, I suppose!

1. The Church's One Foundation 
2. Oh Lord by NF (like, YAAASSSSS)
3. Amazing Grace

29. Winter song that is not about Christmas OR a typical Christmas song? 

Come on, y'all. That would be The Piano Guy's mashup of Let It Go and Vivaldi's Winter


30. A song with food in it?

Hella Cravings. You're so welcome for this one.



31. Music you listen to while cleaning your room?

Whatever's playing. I'm not overly picky.

32. Song for each of your top two favorite holidays?

Ugh...

Christmas- Randy and Captain Stottlemeyer's version of Oh Holy Night. Everyone needs Randy's singing in their lives.

4th of July- Turbo Style by Beckah Shae (because I run a 10k every 4th)



33. What movie/TV show theme songs can you sing?

Psych and Monk. "I know, you know, that I ain't telling the truth...""It's a jungle out there..."

34.  Song not about relationships, boys, love or anything super serious or sad?

This is one of the times where I wish I had kids so I could blame my music tastes on them, but alas, I don't, but here you go: Bubble Rap by Boyz In the Sink. Again, you're so welcome for this.



35. A Folk Tune you like?

I don't have to brain power to think about this today.

36. Songs that always get stuck in your head...even if you only hear a line or two?

There were these memory songs that we used to sing to help us remember states and such. To this day, those still get stuck in my head even though I usually only remember the tune for the southwestern states. 

37. Workout Playlist?

I'm just going to go with my weightlifting playlist because I technically have three. One for weights and two for running. Here's my top five.

1. Go Off by KB
2. Not Gonna Die by Skillet (maybe they won't, but I sure will)
3. Motivated by NF
4. Game Over by Flame
5. Radioactive by Imagine Dragons

38. Wedding Playlist?

I. Am. Going. To. Walk. Down. To May It Be. That's a must.



Also, I'll probably have Pachabel's Canon somewhere in there just so I can torture the cellists. Because #thatpart Maybe I'll have that as the recessional so they have to play it while the entire wedding party walks down the aisle. *evil laugh*

39. Do you have a song that reminds you of one of your OTPs? (please not Reylo. *gag*) 

Stand by You by Rachel Platten for several of my OTPs from my books. I love the idea of two people standing by each other, no matter how broken they are, and being willing to share everything they have so the other person can stand back up. That's my favorite kind of pairing. 

40. A song that you feel different about after seeing the music video and whether you stopped liking it or not? 

I don't really watch music videos. As I said earlier, I just find them distracting. 

41. A song you would recommend to everyone? 

Just like I wouldn't recommend books to everyone, I wouldn't offhandedly recommend songs to everyone. I would have to tailor it to the person I'm talking to. Music is so individual, I can't just pick one song. Unless, of course, it was the Psalms. I personally believe everyone could benefit from reading/listening to the Psalms.

42. A song you don't like telling people about so you can horde it and make it "your song"?

WHY WOULD I TELL Y'ALL IF I WANTED IT TO BE MY SONG?!

43. A song that make you want to go out and do something crazy/adventurous? 

Anything Skillet. Their songs get me through my heaviest lifts, my toughest runs, and inspire me to adventurous things I wouldn't normally do. And then three minutes later the song ends and I'm just like #nope

44. A song that is super catchy, but you don't like because you don't like the meaning behind the words or just don't like it? 

You're Welcome from Moana. I just don't appreciate him taking God's place. Nope, not cool man.

45. A song you listen to while pretending you're listening to someone talk?

All the things. Actually, that's not true. I hate it when people blatantly ignore me while I'm talking about things, so I work hard to put away distractions so I can listen fully. 

46. A children's song you like?

Jesus Loves Me. I mean, why aren't we singing this more often? This is the first thing we adults forget! We constantly need to remind ourselves that Jesus loves us with an everlasting love. 

47. A lullaby you would sing to your own children

In My Arms by Plumb



48. A song that is "your theme song"

Top five again!

1. I'm Still Here by Mandisa


2. Paralyzed by NF


3. I Want to Live by Skillet (which funnily just came on while I was writing this!)


4. I Can Only Imagine by MercyMe


5. Must Be You by Bart Millard


49. Favorite musician?

Mandisa or NF. Their songs helped me through some tough times and I'll forever be grateful to them for that.

50. Favorite book about a musician 

Have I read anything about a musician? I might need to go check my shelf.

51. 5 favorite musicians and your favorite of their songs?

1. Mandisa- Bleed the Same
2. NF- Oh Lord
3. Flame- Joyful Noise
4. Skillet- Stars
5. The Piano Guys- It's a tie between Uncharted and Amazing Grace/Fight Song

52. Favorite music blog(s)?

No idea. Don't really follow that many.

53. An unknown/lesser known musician?

Rose Djan, my dear friend from The Order of the Pen!!

54. Favorite radio station?

*Sigh* If I've told you once, I've told you a thousand times: I don't listen to the radio.

55. What musician do you listen to the most? 

It depends. My mood and tastes change from day to day. Some days it's all instrumental and other days it's all high energy.

56. Rihanna or Beyoncé? (you can't say neither)

I haven't heard enough about the two of them to have an honest opinion, but from what I've seen, I think maybe Rihanna is slightly ahead. Though I probably won't listen to any of their things anyway.

57. Listen to a song by Justin Bieber (or any musician you really don't like) and write a paragraph long review on it?


58. Last musical you watched?

Psych, the Musical. I think...

59. Musical you've never watched but really want to?

The Greatest Showman. I've heard a lot of the songs and I've heard good things about it, but I've never watched it. Doesn't help that most of my family dislikes musicals and the like.

60. If you could only pick one musical to see on Broadway, what would it be?

Don't actually care. Not big on going to things like that.

 61. Favorite musical score from a movie that is not a musical?

I love the Avenger and Narnia soundtracks. 

62. Last musical you belted while walking around your house?

I don't typically belt songs around my house unless I'm alone. I love my family and I don't like subjecting them to that.

63. A song from your favorite musical that you hate/dislike?

Reindeer Are Better Than People. I don't know. The rhythm just gets on my nerves a bit.

64. Favorite song from the Greatest Showman soundtrack?

This Is Me 
65. Do you have any musical merch?


Nope. Not even sort of.

Well, I hope you enjoyed that. It took me a while to compile everything, but I had a ton of fun!

And because I'm a horrible human being, I will tag some people. Though if you've been tagged for it already (because I'm too lazy to go and check) or if you don't have the time/energy to put it together, don't feel any pressure to do it! Though I would really love it if you did!

1. Evangeline @I Just Happened
2. Lila @The Red-Hooded Writer
3. Faith @The Writer's Song

Anyway, I hope y'all have a wonderful day! 

Comments

  1. Yes, I love so many of these songs!

    AAAAH, THE MONK SONGS!!!!! I haven’t met a blogger yet who has an appreciation for the Randy Disher Experience (or anything sung by Randy/Captain Stottlemeyer). And the theme song......love it!

    Oh my goodness, walking down the aisle to May It Be? That would be so incredible! The song is gorgeous!

    Great tag! I see it’s taking the blogosphere by storm. Your answers were so cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually wait until lunchtime to reply to comments, but I had to get on and comment because AHHHHHHH! Someone else loves Monk! *insert fangirl squeal here*

      IKR! #swoon I would totally love it!

      Thanks so much!

      Delete
    2. ACK YES MONK!! Do you have a favorite song that they have in the series? I personally love Randy’s original piece (created when he thought Monk was dead - it was in the season 6 finale), and the theme song! Just incredible!

      (Anyways, I better stop rambling about Monk before I get way too in-depth about the minute details. :) )

      Delete
    3. I think that's my favorite out of his songs. Though my dad is particularly fond of the one he writes when he quit the force. The music video he made for it was HILARIOUS!

      Hey, I always love a good fangirl ramble! They're always welcome on my blog!

      Delete
    4. Oh my goodness, yes, the music video! And then they show it in another episode, and I was like, “Oh. My. Word. YES!!” I’m sure my family thinks I’m weird at this point......

      Fangirl ramblings are awesome! I haven’t found a Monk lover on the blogosphere yet, so this is a great day for me.

      Delete
    5. Weird is good. Weird is excellent!

      Same!

      Delete
  2. I've done this one, although I might have to do it again in a few months just to see how my taste has changed (because it does in fact change almost all the time xD)

    SKILLET. YES. ALL THE YES. (especially that lyric vid for Not Gonna Die....the artwork is absolutely brilliant <3)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know! My tastes are constantly changing, depending on my mood at the time!

      YES!!! I love a lot of their songs (though they're not so great on the days that I have headaches)!

      Delete
  3. You have great taste. Love NF, Skillet, and Psych!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finally! Another Psycho! There is a serious lack of them in my little corner of the world!

      Delete
  4. This tag is insane, kuddos to you for doing it! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is totally insane, but I had a lot of fun doing it!

      Delete
  5. NF! Monk and Psych!!! (Finally, someone else who really appreciates the theme songs to those two shows - especially the Monk one. :D)

    Love your answers! Your sense of humor is awesome. XD

    Also thanks for tagging me, though I have already done it, hehe. I had the same answer as you for #2. :)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yay! Another Monk/Psych fan!

      Thanks! Most people don't find me funny, so it's awesome that you do!

      I just love that song! It's so amazing!

      Delete
  6. PSYCH IS FABULOUS. It's definitely one of my favorite shows of all time, and might actually be in first place.
    Walking down the aisle to May It Be is an amazing idea!
    Loved reading your answers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!!! It's totally awesome. My family loves watching it.

      Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts