Your Mission, Should You Choose to Accept It


So everyone, now is the time you've been waiting for. Or not. I have no idea. My writing brain would like to think that you have. But you probably haven't.

Anyway, enough with my rambling and onto my point for posting today. I am here to announce that the time has come for me to find beta readers for The Dawn of a Hero. Yes, I said it! I just finished draft six this past week and I feel like it's ready for outside readers.

I'm very excited about this. Like, I can't even right now. My little baby is growing up and finding her way into the big, wide world. It's kind of surreal that I'm even writing this. *Goes and cries a bit in the corner*

If you're interested in reading it, please fill out the form below. I may have to cap how many I bring in, but we'll just see how many responses I get.

A couple helpful things to know:

Genre: Medieval Fantasy. The first in a trilogy.

Tag Line (or whatever this thing is called): Laylah Febec, a Reylanceian Knight, has spent her entire life dedicated to the Knights' cause, only to have her faith in them shaken when a young girl is kidnapped under their watch. She volunteers herself and her team to bring back the girl in the hopes that she might rescue her faith in the Knights in the process.

Word Count: So far it is sitting at 79,100 words.

Turn Around: I'm hoping to have the responses back by mid-April so I can start incorporating your feedback before Realm Makers (if I'm able to go).



I'll do my best to contact the you all as soon as possible. Thank you all for your support during this incredible journey. I'm so excited to take the next step with y'all!

Let me know if there's anything else you'd like to know before signing up. I'd be happy to answer your questions!

Comments

  1. Am I doing too much at the present moment? Yep.

    Am I still signing up? HECK YES I AM. Ack, I can’t wait! (And maybe I’ll see you at Realm Makers!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you're excited!! That makes me excited!

      Delete
    2. And yes, I'm really hoping to get to go! Are you planning to go?

      Delete
  2. Best feeling ever! Congrats!

    keturahskorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. *is editing two books* *is beta reading two books* *needs to get a novel ready for Realm Makers*

    *signs up anyway because SARAH IS OPENING SIGNUPS FOR HER BOOOOOK!!!!!!!*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you're using my term Medieval Fantasy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats!!! I can't wait to read this book in the future. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait until it's in the hands of readers. It's so cool that it's coming along!!

      Delete
  6. I so wish I could read this, but I already overwhelmed myself with the amount of books I'm beta reading right now. Just know that I would if I could.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's totally cool, girl! There will be more opportunities, Lord willing, and hopefully they'll come at a time when you're able to join in. I'm so thankful to just know you're in my corner!

      Delete
  7. Ahhh! That is so exciting! I wish I could beta for you....I'll be cheering from the sidelines anyway!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts