4-Part WIP Special// Part Four: Ultimate Goals



Welcome to the final week of the 4-Part Writing Special. I can't believe it's already over. *sniff*

Anywho, if you've missed the other posts in the series, you can check them out here, here, and here. This week we're closing out by talking about our big dreams and goals for life. Super exciting!!

~What is one of the BIGGEST dreams or goals you have for your life?~

I really want to help people find their voice, through writing or not. I want to help others find a reason to breathe again. While I feel the best way to do that is through my writing, I hope it spills out into everything I do. 

~Name the wildest goal you’ve got! (Don’t worry: we won’t judge.)~

I used to dream of when my books would become movies. While I still think that would be cool, I'm not sure if that's my wildest goal.

I don't even know if any of my goals are "wild" exactly. But maybe speaking and/or teaching at a conference. That would really cool.

Also, weirdo me would love to be featured on Amy Landino's Detail Therapy podcast. Dude, I would LOVE that!!! ACK!! I feel like she and I would connect so well. We're so goal oriented and have a love of productivity and working hard towards things we love and inspiring people and making a difference in the world. Yeah, she and I would get along great. Except she doesn't really like cats. We might have a problem there. 

~What goal scares you the most? Why?~

I think my goal of reaching people probably scares me the most.

The vulnerability required to impact peoples' lives is scary. It's terrifying to think about how open you have to be in order to reach people in the best way. 

It's easy to think about how many bad, hurtful people will wreck your heart if you leave it open, but it's important to remember how many people will be helped if you're brave with your love. 

So, for me, whenever I feel like I want to close off, I have to tell myself that I need to open up for the broken. For the people who lost their will to live. I have to live to the fullest for them. Yes, there will be people who judge and don't understand, but I'm not fighting for them. I'm fighting for the people who can't fight. And that gives me courage to press on. 

~What steps do you need to do to reach some of your goals?~

Loads of prayer.

Work hard to write stories that will impact others.

Work hard to get them published in the best way possible.

Establish an author's platform.

Create/find work that will help provide for the future and perhaps enable me to create my dream home.

Get lots of coffee down the hatch. 

~Have your ultimate goals changed?  Have you decided not to do something, or to do things differently?~

Well, younger me was an idiot. She thought all she needed to do was one quick edit on her stories, slap a cover on it (probably with a stolen picture from Pinterest because she didn't know about copyrights back then), and click publish on CreateSpace. Voila! Into the world her story goes!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! 

From Tenor
So, obviously, things have changed. I've, thankfully, done way more than one edit on my manuscript. I'm working hard to make sure it's the best it can be. 

~Do you plan to finish your current story ideas and then do other things in the future, or do you see yourself always having some story in the works?~

I'm not sure what direction this question is going, but I'll probably always have something in the works. While I'm not one who follows after every plot bunny, I always have a story idea that is waiting to be fleshed out. I don't think I'll ever be without something to work on.

~If you could get only one book/trilogy/series published, what would it be?~

I hate this question. I want all of my stories published. 

~Realistically, where do you see yourself in the future?~

Probably published. Maybe teaching writing. A writing coaching business. A comfy house in the mountains. At least one cat. Loads of food. A coffee aesthetic. 

~Reality aside, where would you like to be in the future?~

I believe anything could be a reality if you go about it right. I don't think I would change any of the details above. 

Do you see yourself as a Writer, or just someone who writes?

Out of these two options, I see myself as a Writer. I love writing and believe it's my calling. But, more accurately, I see myself as an Author. Someone who not only enjoys writing, but also wants to do the work involved in improving my craft. I love what it takes to become a published author, even when it's really hard or uncomfortable.

There you have it! The final week! I had so much fun this time around. If you're wanting to participate in Jules' next Special, make sure to follow her blog so you know when the next one is announced. Don't worry, I hound her if I think she forgets.

As always, check out the rest of the participants' posts! Links will go live as I'm able to update them!

Jules
Catherine
Ceci
Faith
Ariel
Nicole

Onto y'all! What's one thing you hope to accomplish in your life? What's one thing you used to want, but have changed now that you're more knowledgeable? Let me know down below!

Comments

  1. Hehe, looks like younger me and younger you viewed publishing the same way. XD It’s a good thing that reality gave us a hard slap. ;)

    YES, CATS FOR LIFE!!!!

    I hope that you can achieve all of these in your lifetime! Your view for the future looks pretty darn awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!! Otherwise I think I'd have to go die under a rock or something out of humiliation.

      ABSOLUTELY! CATS ARE THE BEST!!

      Thanks so much! You too!

      Delete
  2. I like your goals. I miss the days when I thought writing was easy. XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, I also dream about my books being made into movies. Though with my luck, they'd butcher it and take out all of the religious scenes *pouts*

    Ahh, to young and naive again, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm not sure how much control an author has over movie production. From what I've seen, not much. So that's a bummer if you have something really important to you and they end up taking it out.

      Delete
  4. It is nice to have you email me "WHENS THE NEXT SPECIAL????" Like, I don't even need to make my own reminders....

    I think that was my parent's first reaction to me writing, actually. "Oh, this is cute! Julian's writing a book! When she's done, we can publish it what that lulu-whatever place and give it to our friends!"
    Me: okay mom and dad sounds good lol this book is about goats fighting each other on horseback for goat feed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just doin' my job!

      LOL! I may have laughed a little too hard at that description. "goats fighting each other on horseback for goat feed." Hilarious! It may have made a really good children's story, though... Just not anything worthwhile for older readers, maybe.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts