5 Psalms For a Weary Soul


I had other things planned to post this week, but these past few days have gone... good and not so good for my family and I.

I've had some beautiful moments with children that I love dearly, without which I don't know if I could make it through this week with any amount of positivity, so I'm thankful the Lord gave me the opportunities to babysit them.

But we've received some hard news for my family and are saying a final (worldly) goodbye to a dear friend this week. All this has left me pretty tired and emotionally drained.

I didn't have the time/mental strength to put those posts together, but the circumstances gave me an idea for a different post. One that I hope helps you in whatever you may be going through at the moment.

If you're going through a difficult time or are simply tired from the weariness of life, here are five Psalms I hope encourage you.

~Psalm 46:1~

"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble."

~Psalm 3:3-4~

"But you, O LORD, are a shield about me, my glory, and the lifter of my head. I cried aloud to the LORD, and he answered me from his holy hill."

~Psalm 55:22~

Cast your burden on the LORD, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous be moved."

~Psalm 71:20~

"You who have made me see many troubles and calamities will revive me again; from the depths of the earth you will bring me up again."

~Psalm 94:19~

"When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul."

In Christ, we are not alone, dear soul. We are held.

I pray you have a blessed week.

Comments

  1. ALL OF THOSE PSALMS ARE SO GOOD . psalms are so underrated...

    I Just Happened

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they totally are underrated. I mean, there's something for every person and circumstance to be found there.

      Delete
  2. Lovely post, Sarah! I loved the Psalms you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Psalms are just so beautiful. Written for every scope of the Christian life. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts