12-Hour Writeathon Idea


I was recently inspired by Kate Cavevaugh over on YouTube. She did several 12-hour write-a-thons for both NaNoWriMo and Camp NaNo and ended them with a write-in with a bunch of other people who participated with her.

I thought it would be something fun to try and I was curious if anyone was interested in joining in. I'll probably do it on one of the Saturdays in November. Maybe try to do a Google Hangouts video chat at the end if anyone joins me.

Shoot me an email if you're interested in it (you can find my email in the "Connect With Me" tab at the top).

Comments

  1. Like, she wrote for 12 HOURS STRAIGHT??? Or am I misinterpreting this?? xD

    I would love to jump in with you, but that's a little too much for me if sitting and typing for 12 hours straight is what a 12 hour Write-a-Thon is. Hopefully you find someone to do it with you, though! :D

    ~ Lily Cat (Boots) | lilycatscountrygirlconfessions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She set a goal of (I think) 500 words/hour. Once she reached that for the hour, she went about her life as normal. So she didn't sit for 12 hours straight (I think that would drive me insane), but made sure she got her goal each hour.

      Delete
  2. Oh wow! I have so much respect for those who are able to conquer such a marathon. Although, I imagine that if I only had the time and a quiet, tidy space to do it in- I'd very well manage to get sucked into the world of writing for an entire day, haha ;)

    -T
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I'm hoping to stretch myself with this and see how it goes. Could be a complete failure. Might not. We'll see, I guess!

      Delete
  3. 12 hours is impressive, wish I wrote better in bursts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a LONG time! Got to give her credit for the stamina.

      Delete
  4. I would love to do something like this...however, I'm not sure if I can clear away 12 hours of a Saturday just for writing...if you let me know what day you pick, I'll let you know if I can do it. Sounds like so much fun, though!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I love how our emails take care of our commenting! Keeps me ahead of the game. But I'd love to have you join in, even if it's just for a little bit.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts