Thank You, Betas!


Jules and I wanted to pop on today and publicly thank our beta readers for dedicating their time and energy towards reading Ships, Secrets, and Survivors. We're so happy about reaching this point and we're thankful that y'all joined in on the crazy ride.

Several readers expressed a strong desire for future books (some nearly threatened us and I can't say I blame them) and we're very excited to finally announce that we actually have expanded it into a 4-book series titled The Pirate Hunter Chronicles!!!

We wrote book 2 during Camp NaNo. Managed to write it in 3 weeks, which is outstanding!! I don't think we ever reached a low point where things slogged. Every chapter was something we really wanted to write and I personally loved every minute of it. It was also fun to pop in while the other person was writing their POV chapter and watch them as they typed. I about screamed like a banshee while Jules wrote the last chapter because #feels. Pretty sure I scared my family with my facial expressions.

It was less fun when I was the person writing. Jules be like, "Ah yes! She knows what she's doing and this is how the story is going to unfold and I LOVE it!" and I be like, *singing softly to myself*: 𝅘𝅥𝅯I have no clue what I'm doing. Please don't judge me𝅘𝅥𝅯

Also, we bawled our way through this story. It's heartbreaking. It's beautiful. That last chapter was one of the most beautiful things my eyes have ever read. So, basically, I loved this story and I...yeah. It's pretty great if I say so myself. It was so much fun to get back with this group of characters and explore the world even more!

So anyway, be on the lookout for fun stuff coming soon as we continue to expand this world!!

And again, thank you betas for reading our little story and pouring your love into it! We appreciate you so much!!

Comments

  1. Wow, a book in three weeks? That's amazing! Also, would you potentially hypothetically be looking for more beta readers at some point? #justwondering

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! It was pretty incredible!!

      For this series specifically or for my books in general? We will have beta reads for the future books in this series, for sure, though you'd probably want to have read the first book if you were to join in that. And I do hope that I'll have beta reads for my other books, though I don't have definite plans for those just yet because I haven't edited anything other than my Reylance Trilogy books.

      So, long answer short: I do hope and plan to have beta reads, but I'm not entirely sure when. But, I would love to have you join in if possible!

      Delete
    2. Possibly for this series (cuz it sounds amazing!) but I would be interested in beta reading a variety of things--it seems like something I would enjoy and possibly be good at. :)

      Delete
    3. Beta reading is a lot of fun!! I'm pretty sure we're planning on putting out a beta call at some point...? But I don't think we've settled 100% on when.

      Delete
    4. *Clicked publish before I actually finished typing. Blah* Anyway, as I was saying, if we do put one out, then we'd be happy to have you sign up for it!!

      Delete
  2. AAAH! I'M SO EXCITED!

    I JUST READ JULES POST AND YOU MEAN TO TELL ME BOOK TWO ALREADY EXISTS?!? THE CHARACTERS ARE ALREADY DOING THINGS AND I HAVE TO WAIT TO FIND OUT WHAT THEY'RE UP TO???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *EVIL GRIN* That's exactly what we're saying. MWHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH!!!!

      Delete
  3. That's awesome that you guys are already working on the sequel!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts