Top Books of Summer

We had two days of weather in the 70s last week and now I'm in full-on autumn mode, despite the fact that it is now back up in the 90s. Grr. NC weather at its finest.

With that in mind, I thought I might make a list of the top three books I've read during the summer because my brain is fried and I can't think of anything else to do today because we're all bookish here and what better way to celebrate the coming of fall than to talk about books? Also, no pictures or anything. Just a quick bookish post. 

Fawkes by Nadine Brandes

What an amazing read! Filled to the brim with mystery, complex characters, and suspense. If you haven't picked it up yet, what are you waiting for? *cough* they may be waiting for excessively long TBR lists to slim down a bit, Sarah. That's what. *cough*

Anyway, totally a book you should pick up and read at some point. I'm positive you won't be disappointed!

Winter by Marissa Meyer

So I've finally finished the Lunar Chronicles. While I felt like Cress dragged on a bit, Winter was a whirlwind of excitement. I really loved the fight at the end. My two favorite female characters are Cinder and Scarlet and my favorite male characters are all of them Thorne and Kai. 

Dragonlight by Donita K. Paul

A lovely finisher to my reread of the DragonKeeper Chronicles. I will say the series gets a little less fun/exciting the further along you go, but it's still just super cute and enjoyable. I mean, I'm 100% there for any book featuring Kale. She's probably one of my favorite female characters ever. 

So there you have it! My top summer reads. We'll not mention the fact that this list is pretty much all of my summer reads. I'm also three books away from reaching my reading goal for the year, so yay!

Also, can we just celebrate that Jem is back in the blogosphere?! #yay

What about y'all? What were your favorite books this summer and why? Are you looking forward to the cooler weather? 

Comments

  1. STOP TORMENTING ME I WILL READ FAWKES EVENTUALLY

    Honestly, I've really enjoyed The Blades of Acktar this year. That was a new, fun read. And, of course, re-reading The Lord of the Rings. And so many other amazing books out there...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will shove it down your throat until you do!!!!!

      I think I'm about to get into an LotR reread soon. It feels like a fallish read.

      Delete
    2. It kinda does. Maybe that's why I'm not complaining about summer being over. Also, I finished The Book of Lost Tales. I couldn't remember what chapter/page I was supposed to be on, so I just finished it off...

      Delete
    3. Well, that's a whole lot better off than me! I slacked off and now I guess I'll just go finish it up. I kept up pretty well the first month, but then I took some time off around Grandma's funeral, and I forgot where I was supposed to be and then just stopped reading. So cool, at least now I know I should be at the end!

      Delete
  2. Cool! I haven't read any of these, but they sound fun!
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are super fun! You should totally check them out!!

      Delete
  3. Love the DragonKeeper Chronicles, Kale is so cute! I need to read Fawkes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! She is totally cute. I absolutely love her! And yes, you should totally go read Fawkes!

      Delete
  4. ACK YES, FAWKES AND WINTER!!!! Those books were so good, weren’t they? I haven’t read the DragonKeeper Chronicles yet, but . . . *adds to TBR*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should check them out! I love them very much!

      Delete
  5. I loved the DragonKeeper books when I was younger, I really want to re-read them! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so fun to read! I just love all the banter and humor!

      Delete
  6. Yay!!! You finished Winter! I agree that Cress seemed to go on.....and on.....and on....*echoes* and on....JK, I was exaggerating :P But yeah, Winter is much more fast-paced!!

    ~Ceci

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts