#CoverLove Tag



Well hello and happy Wednesday, my heart people! I hope you're having a great day! Apparently I must be because I actually have a post going out on time this week! Yay me!

About a million years ago, Ivie tagged me for the #CoverLove tag. Obviously, I was totally excited about it because I love tags and I love hashtags. But then *cough* life happened and I put it on the back-burner for a while. But I'm here and I'm doing the thing!!

So anyway, the rules are pretty simple.

1. Thank the person who tagged you (thanks, Ivie!!)
2. Answer the questions your tagger gave you.
3. Create seven new questions or use the original.
4. Tag seven other bloggers and let them know that you tagged them.

So, without further ado, let's get into this thing! Please excuse the poor lighting in the photos. Sun's a hard thing to come by these days. 

~A cover you loved the moment you saw it~


The Silmarillion for sure. It's just beautiful! And I finally got the hardback for my birthday, so now I have two copies!

~Your least favorite book cover on a book you love~


This hideous cover of The Two Towers. I've featured this one before, but I'm going to use it again because it's pretty perfect for this question. As you can probably tell by the picture, I didn't even bother spending much time photographing it. It's that weird. I recently found the Return of the King in the same style. Apparently, these are pretty valuable if you have the whole set, so I figure I might find them all and then sell them at some point. I dislike them with a passion, but someone else might want them. Picasso, maybe?

~A cover you love on a book you hate~


I don't necessarily hate The Lost Unicorn. I just didn't really enjoy it. Most of it didn't make sense. But the cover is delightful! For once, the cover is accurate to the book. The unicorn is pictured exactly the way she's described in the book!

~A cover that makes you think of your childhood~


What screams "Sarah Rodecker's Childhood" more than a book with horses on the front? Plus, I have many fond memories of reading through this series as a kid (and even as a young adult!). 

And, totally off topic, can we appreciate that spell-check wanted to change my last name to woodpecker?

~Aesthetic goals book cover~


All of the covers in this series are of a similar style, but I think this one is my favorite. Colorful. Magical. Just fun!

~A book cover with a food item you love to eat~


I'll be honest, I don't read many books with food on the cover. This was literally the only one I could think of. That's sad news for this foodie's heart.

~A book cover you love on a book you love~


You've all heard me go on and on about Fawkes a million times here, so I won't shove it down your throat again. But seriously, that cover!! AHHHH!

~The Re-Tag~

I'm pretty sure that most of these people have already been tagged, but I'm going to tag them anyway. As always, don't feel any pressure to do this one if you don't want to/already have.

2. Gray @Writing is Life (she promised us more aesthetic book pictures. Here's a perfect opportunity!)
3. Brooklyne @Showers of Blessings
5. Nicole @Legend of a Writer
6. Jem @Jem Jones, Writer (she just got back from a hiatus, so let's shower her with tags!!)

Will you lookie there! I tagged people! Here are your questions!

1. Cover that made you go "LOL! Nope!" when you saw it
2. Insta-buy cover
3. Cover you weren't sure about, but it grew on you
4. Drop-dead gorgeous cover, drop-dead disgusting book
5. Cover featuring a unique creature
6. Cover with an interesting symbol
7. Cover that is similar to what you want on your books someday (if you're a writer/want to be published)

And there you have it! A proper tag! 

What about y'all? How would you answer these questions? What do you look for in book covers? Unleash your inner fangirls!

Comments

  1. Thank you for tagging me! I think Ivie tagged me too . . . but oh well, I’ll just use both sets of questions! 😁

    And who thought of that hideous Two Towers cover??? That is awful! Why . . . *shakes head*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! I can't wait to read your answers!!

      *dies inside* I know! It's awful. The Return of the King is just as bad, but with even brighter colors!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for tagging me! Who know's when I'll do it, but I'll definitely try! Looks fun! =)
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome tag! I'll have to agree with you on the Two Towers cover - that thing does look like Picasso.....Tolkein would not be amused.

    All the rest of the covers are so pretty :) I think I like The Last Unicorn's cover the most!

    Catherine <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, I know. It's just awful. *shudders*

      I think it's super pretty. Unfortunately, the story is less so. #mesodisappointed

      Delete
  4. Thanks for tagging me! I might do this (aesthetic book pictures are a weakness for me!) :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this tag! I might have to steal it (or just wait til someone tags me, lol.) The Inkheart covers are just drop-dead gorgeous, aren't they??? And ugh, that TTT cover is an atrocity. What even. It looks like Barad-dur is a living thing with horns trying to have a conversation. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm. I might have to drop some hints to the people I tagged. Or you can totally steal it!

      They are lovely. I love how they incorporate all of the little things from the book into one beautiful cover.

      Ugh, I know. It's disgusting. Just awful.

      Delete
  6. I believe I was already tagged, but since the questions are different, I’ll do it again. Just might not tag anyone afterward.

    But seriously...Winnie the Horse Gentler books are my childhood. Those and the Phantom Stallion books. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool!

      Yep, totally! I mean, I spent hours reading those over and over again!

      Delete
  7. Oh fun! Ink Spell does have an amazing cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It totally does! I love each of them, but I think Inkspell's my favorite!

      Delete
  8. Aw, I love this post! and oohhhh, that cover of "The Two Towers" *cringes* And I love the Lunar Chronicles' covers ;)

    and I think that I might have to steal this tag, xD.

    Love this post, Sarah!

    allisonriera.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And I know, it's disgusting!

      I like the covers too! They're simple, but pretty.

      You should totally steal it!

      Delete
  9. *adds to list of tags* *looks at list of tags* *list of tags tips over* *dies under list of tags* xP (No, it'll be fun, though! Thanks, Sarah... Woodpecker.)

    Sadly, the only books I've read on this list are the Tolkiens and Winter. Fawkes is definitely on my TBR, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *snorts* You're welcome.

      You should definitely read Fawkes!!!!!!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts