Stages of an Office Cleanup

For a while now I've hated my office space. It's messy, the desk doesn't really provide enough space to allow me to do the kind of work I want to do, and I have a hard time finding places to put stuff. I hope to do a remodel sometime, but right now it's not in the budget and I need to make the most out of what I have.

Cue an office cleanup. Because if I can't work in a brand new environment, at least I can work in a somewhat tidy spot.

And since I didn't have anything else planned to post today, I'm going to bring y'all along.

Before. Honestly, how can anyone work in this chaos?!
Me going through the stuff I find: "I have no memory of this junk"
Yay, one corner somewhat tidied! feat. my tiny CD and DVD collection
Somewhere a treehugger is crying...
And so am I
The only reasonable purpose for a precalc book: a laptop stand!
My library wishlist has grown a ton since I wrote this
I also moved into the 21st century and put it on Excel

I am quite certain this meant something to me at some point.
But it does not today! Today it goes in the trash!

The outline of a story I ditched.
There's 60 3x5 cards here. 60!

BYE! In the trash you go!
As with closets, you never know what kind of fashionable headgear
you might find while cleaning your office.

The ever helpful Dustfinger.
Totes adorbs, as always

I use maybe one of those binders on the regular

This used to be my office away from home back when I wrote everything by hand.
Finished!
So it wasn't a huge change, but now I don't feel quite as cramped by a bunch of junk. It just goes to show that even if you want a massive overhaul at some point in the long run, you can still make some positive changes while you wait.

Anyway, I hope this was a little fun for y'all to follow along. I know it was totally random, but I enjoyed it. I should be back with normal posts next week!

What's a big or small change you've made recently? Did it help you in any way? Let me know down below!

Comments

  1. I cleaned up my bedroom recently, especially cleaning out the schoolbooks, and oh, what a difference it makes xD Your office looks fantastic! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, getting rid of school books is so relieving! I'm glad it helped you out!

      And thanks! It works well enough for me.

      Delete
  2. Oh, fun post! It's always great to cut down and clean out ;D But that "migrate to mars by tomorrow" sounds so clever somehow ;D

    keturahskorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it meant something profound when I wrote it, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was. It's hilarious, though!

      Delete
  3. It looks great! I'm trying to clean up my whole life, it's a process. Maybe I should start with my desk. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *snorts* Same here. If you figure out how to clean up your life, let me know! I need all the help I can get. It's a good thing that we don't have to go it alone. God's always got us!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts