WIP Special Part Four//SCs


Well, it's time for week four of the WIP Special!! I hope you've enjoyed the past few weeks. If you haven't read those posts yet, you can check them out here, here, and here.

This week we're focusing on our SCs, which may get a little dry on my end because I don't have a ton of them. It's a relatively small cast of characters.

There's:

Vic, who is the missionary in Simon Says. A fantastic human being that must be protected at all costs.

Officer D'Jax, the Pax Custos in charge of protecting Vio. Basically, Vio's stand-in dad. An all around awesome dude that came out of nowhere while I was writing these posts.

Mari, Vio's sister who is kidnapped by Ginger. An excitable ball of energy.

Abuela: Vio's grandma. Fantastic cook. Better person.

Vio's mom: a damaged woman who loves her family and works to make life better for them.

There's a few others that have smaller parts, but those are the main ones.

~If you had to go on a mission with any of your SCs, which one(s) would you pick?~

Depends on whether I want a safe time or a good time. 

If I wanted a safe time, I'd probably want to go with Officer D'Jax. He's the one in charge of protecting Vio while she's in police protection. He would likely do a good job keeping me safe. 

If I wanted a good time, I'd go with Vic. While he would be conscious of my safety, he's less trained in fighting and is an all around fun character. I'm so excited to get to go on another adventure with him. I enjoyed working with him while writing Simon Says

~Which of your side characters attempts to steal attention from the MC the most?~

Uhhhh... not sure what this means, but I guess Vic? Maybe. I mean, he gets a lot of screen time. Him and Mari. 

~Which SC would annoy you the most and which one would you bond with the most?~

I think that I would be annoyed with D'Jax at first, but then bond pretty strongly with him once I got to know him. He's a bit uptight, but is really a caring man. 

~Which SC would you be most attracted to, romantically or platonically?~

This is just a weird question. Vic is the answer. I think we would be great friends. 

~Would you fit in with your SCs collectively, or would they not be your type of friend group?~

I honestly have no idea. I'm actually not certain on what kinds of groups I "fit" into. I mean, for the most part, I fit in in the sense that people aren't demanding that I leave, but not in the sense that I feel like I belong. 

But I guess I would fit in. 

~If your SCs are not all friends, what would result if you were to thrust them together as a group and assign them an activity?~

That's... literally the entire story. None of them are really friends at the beginning. At the end, they're family. 

~Which SC would fit into our world the most?~

All of them. Because it is our world. 

~Which SC makes you laugh the most?~

Vic. He's a bit goofy and always has a smile on his face. 

~Which SC could probably get removed without affecting much of the story?~

I love the subtle "you should probably just plan to remove this character in revisions" vibe in this question.

I don't think any of my characters. That's the beauty of a small cast. They're all needed. Vic builds the others up, D'Jax protects, and Mari provides the entire plot. 

~Which SC could never get removed because of how important their role is?~

See above. 

Well, there you have it. A little (emphasis on little) insight to my SCs.

Next week we have a super fun post coming for our wrap-up, so make sure you stay tuned!

As always, make sure you also check out the rest of the posts for this week.

Jules
Snapper
Ceci
Nicki
Lila
Lily

Comments

  1. These characters sound so cool! D'Jax especially, but all of them, really. I can't wait to read this story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D'Jax turned out to be really awesome, even though he was never intended to become a major player in the story. I'm super glad he did, though!!

      Delete
  2. Love that they end up like a family at the end!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It wasn't something I originally expected, but I'm so happy it happened!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts